Thursday, July 2, 2009

Too much information...

As most of you know, James and I are moving to Lovell...next week, to be exact. While I'm excited to "get the hell out of dodge" since it's been all talk forever, I will definitely miss Denver. I have grown to love it here and will miss all of the friends that I have made...not to mention all of the malls that are within a 10 mile radius of my apartment (James will not miss that part...)

Tuesday was my final day at work - I have been working the past 2 years for my bro-in-law, Bart (that's Dr. Bart, DDS you anti-dentite b@$t@rd (Seinfeld reference)). I LOVED this job. It is definitely numero uno on my, well, very lengthy list of jobs...which is what I was thinking about when I started this post. I thought back to all of the jobs I've had since I was about 13...

1) The Lovell Chronicle - Let's not lie. Not a fun job. But definitely fun to hang out with friends while sort-of working. 5-6 years.

2) Lifeguard at Lovell Rec - I love you, Gail! I loved being a lifeguard, even though I have the attention span of a 2 year old. I think this job may have helped me to focus, somewhat. 4 years.


3) Recycling Center - UW Recycling - Worst job ever. 'Nuff said. Actually, this is the only job I've ever almost been fired from. My boss was going through a rough time and accused me of stealing recycling signs. Really. What the crap am I going to do with signs that say paper and plastic? 5 months. 5 months too long.

4) Coe Library - Acquisitions - I had a great boss that laughed at me when she found me sleeping sitting up (give me a break - I had just left my night job 11-7am shift from another job - sheesh). 3 years.

5) Motel 8 - Not a nice motel, but cheap. I worked the midnight shift and definitely got a lot of crazies. I also got to sleep since not a whole lot happened...for real. They told me I could. Summer job - 3 months.

6) Coe Library - Processing - I followed my boss across the hall when she took another job at the library. Had some awesome co-workers!

7) UW Fieldhouse - Circuit training - I took people through a circuit training program - lifting weights and such. Worked with Melissa. Lots 'o fun. 1 or 2 years-ish.

8) Walmart - I seem to remember most of Lovell working at the Laramie Walmart when I was there. I was a checker for 6 months. A lady yelled at me and called me an effing moron. Not nice.
9) PhoneBase Research - Yes. I called people at their homes. I asked them to take surveys. I hated myself. 3 months.

10) Mary Kary - Hee. Yes, I attempted to sell Mary Kay...I felt bad that the prices were so high, and offered the product at 1/2 price. Obviously I didn't make any money. I am not a saleswoman. 3 months.

11) Boys & Girls Club of Park County - Learned a lot. Can't stand kids (well, 80 kids all at once, that is...) Summer job, 3 months.

12) Gem City Bone & Joint, Medical Records - I filed papers and charts. Lots of busy work, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. 2 years.

13) Gem City Bone & Joint, Physical Therapy Aide - I took people through exercises. I liked it, except for the time the therapist played a dirty joke on me and had me hand-wash one of her patient's feet (completely nasty, rancid, sickening, smelly feet)...

14) Waitress at Village Inn - Not that I don't love old people, but $0.25 is not a good tip. 6 months.


15) Denver Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Aide - Loved, loved, loved this job! I loved the therapists I worked for - they cracked me up and I still go and visit all of them to this day. They never made me wash anyone's feet. 2 years.

16) Douglas Co. School District, Speech Pathology Assistant - They failed to mention I didn't get any benefits with this job. I actually really enjoyed it (except for the little boy that poo-ed his pants every day), but couldn't afford it. 2 months.

17) Denver Physical Therapy, Administrative Assistant (fancy schmancy name for secretary) - They hired me back for a different position. Like I said, they rocked.
18) Bart Christiansen, DDS, Dental Assistant - I found I actually DO like sucking up spit. The only thing that bothers me are lugies...sick. Makes me want to vomit. 2 years.

Um. Wow. I knew it would be long, but I actually didn't know how long until just now. As you can see, I am a very "well-rounded" individual. Or something. Seriously, who has had 18 jobs by the time they are 27? Me, that's who. Perhaps I shouldn't post this for fear of future employers discovering my secrets... ;) I'm excited to finally take a small break once we move to Lovell, although I know I will get bored fairly quickly since I'm used to having 2 or 3 jobs at a time. However, I am planning on teaching yoga a couple days a week, so spread the word!
*I tag anyone who wants to list their jobs! See if you can outnumber me...

8 comments:

Peggy Fowler said...

Okay, so I just learned a WHOLE LOT about you and your jobs! However, didn't you forget to tell about the many times you went to sleep on the worktable at the Chronicle instead of stuffing the stupid papers?? Come on, Becky, back me up here! Dana, you are a scream. You could write a whole book of memoirs and be a best seller!!

Peterson said...

You are so freakin hillarious! Sad thing is, I think I remember you having half of those jobs. I think I might have even bought some makeup from you! I'm excited for you to be moving to Lovell! Maybe we can actually get together sometime!

Kalli said...

I don't even want to begin to list my jobs. I just want to gawk in the fact that you're moving back to Lovell.

Ah the circle of life...

Travis & Alisa said...

AHHAHAHHA....I guess I forgot how fun our job in medical records was until you wrote "better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"!!! Way too true!!!!

Greg Becky said...

I am backing up your mom!! We were the ones that worked and you slept on the table like your mom said!! Ha! Good times and lots of fun memories! I don't think anyone can beat your 18 jobs. :) Excited to be your neighbor! Hope you like the house!! Greg's afraid he'll never see me again. :)

Kevin said...

I think I've got you beat Dana, but I'm too lazy to prove it. I really enjoyed my trip to Lovell, it's a great place. I must confess I didn't know you were moving back, but I'm excited for you.

jsmbbaker said...

That is amazing! I loved the Chronicle... probably cause I didn't actually work there;)!

Anonymous said...

I thought everyone couldn't wait to get out of Lovell not to move back haha. Maybe I will see you around.