Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summa-time...

(This post was actually written last Sunday, the 7th...I hadn't finished it yet, but my mommy made me this evening...)  

Pretty sure I start every post out with some lame comment about how I haven't posted in a while, yada yada yada - let's not do that today.  Ahem.

So where to begin...I don't really have much in mind for this post, except for a bunch of random thoughts...(how is that any different from usual, you ask?)      

I was in Laramie this summer for 8 weeks for school.  I'm getting my master's degree in speech-language pathology and get (have) to go there during the summers to get my supervised clinical experience.  I was also apparently there to watch the first two seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  And take naps.  That's right.  It was a very educational summer.

Is it me, or is this pic ginormous?  (ahhh...I figured it out.  Don't you worry.)

I got back last Sunday, finally, with grandiose plans to paint two bedrooms and two bathrooms in my house in the week that I had off.  My energy burned out that Sunday evening after unpacking my clothes and putting them away (which, I must say, is the first time I've ever admitted to having too many clothes.  Seriously.  It's ridiculous.)  Okay, okay.  I did paint.  But I haven't finished any of the rooms yet.  I like to start multiple things at once and then never finish them.  I'm very good at what I do. (Buffy may or may not have interrupted my progress...)

Speaking of being very good at what I do, I have this habit of being perpetually late everywhere I go.  James really likes it.  Promise.  It doesn't drive him crazy.  However, I must say that I have recently identified the problem.  It's my closet.  I am fairly certain that half my life is spent deciding what to wear.  This also contributes to the not-so-pristine conditions of my bedroom due to the number of times I change and discard rejects on the floor...and, let's not lie, really any horizontal surface not currently covered.  Don't you worry.  I've already picked out what I'm going to wear tomorrow (well, I've narrowed it down to 3 options) for my first day back to work.  What could go wrong?

I feel it appropriate to mention at this point that I just started reading a book...and that I am also very good at not being able to put books down once I start (James really likes that, too)...and that I can't find my alarm clock (it's somewhere in the pile-o-crap still waiting to be put away from school on the lowest horizontal surface in my bedroom)...sigh.  

Anyway, it's good to be home, folks.  It's good to be sleeping in my own bed, taking showers in my shower, cooking food in my kitchen...okay, that last one is a moderate exaggeration, but at least I know that if I wanted to cook, it would be in my kitchen.  The apartment I stayed in was fine (except for the buzzing fridge (that disrupted my Buffy-watching) and bathroom...*shudder), but it wasn't home.  I didn't have as many horizontal surfaces to cover.  I didn't have any walls that I could half-way paint.  Not to mention that while I was there, I had to refrain from reading GOOD books (*this includes any book that is not a text book...also important to note that Buffy is a television show, not a book).  I couldn't annoy James.  I about shed a tear when I laid on my bed...Ahhhh.  Home. Sweet. Home.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I have certainly missed your rhetoric. You have quite the gift of expression, my dear. I did see James shopping "bachelor-style" at the Apple one day, and he looked very lonely and displaced. When he checked my teeth after my cleaning, he said "Well Ma'am - everything looks great". I had to remind him that I'm not only enough to be a Ma'am yet, and I thought he was probably wondering which planet I came from. Anyway, glad you're home. I totally identify with your closet and all your clothes. What's a girl to do?
Hugs...