Thursday, December 6, 2012

Who knows...

January?  Really?  Apparently I've had nothing of worth to say in 2012.  Actually, I'm pretty sure nothing I ever have to say is really that important, but still...



Heh. 


Ugh.  What's new?  Welp, I live in Denver now...there are lots of malls...yada yada yada...I no longer have any money. 
(I still somehow haven't gotten any Christmas shopping done yet...)



Hmm...oh!  I'm starting my externships in January for my masters' program...I'd say I'm excited, but that would be silly.  I have a bad case o' senioritis, my friends.  For example, I have a final next week that I have yet to study for.  So what am I doing?  I'll give you one guess...


I pulled a Michael Scott the other day when I was trying to find the hotel Jill and Charlie Marchant were staying in... 


Okay, it wasn't quite this bad, but I fully trusted the blasted application to get me to my destination and made James turn down a sketchy alley in the ghetto to find the Hyatt Hotel, because, well, Maps told me that's where it was, and Maps knows all.  Was there a Hyatt at the end of said alley?  No.  No, there was not.  Did I still trust the app when in the SAME DAY it told me where my nephew's high school basketball game was?  Yes.  Yes, I did.  Sigh.  We made it by half-time.  


I recently tried to grow my eyebrows out so my co-worker could reshape them for me.  I happened to glance in a mirror at work today and saw this...

It was terrifying.  Operation Unibrow has been aborted. 


I went to a nerd convention a couple of weeks ago in Atlanta (aka American Speech-Language and Hearing Association).  There were hundreds of booths set up as part of the convention, and all of them were giving away free stuff.  It was like Christmas! (Never you mind the $210 it cost to actually get into the convention...)  At least, it was like Christmas until I got home and realized it was all crap.  What is it about the prospect of getting free stuff that would compel me to sign up for the chance to "win an ipad" via giving out my email address and phone number?!?  And then proceed to take pens and educational flyers that I will never remove from the free grocery bag I got at the booth next door??  I've now hit "unsubscribe" more times than I can count in response to the staggering amount of email I have received as a result.  Sigh.


I have a new love.  It's called Blue Bell Ice Cream.  Don't get me wrong - I don't discriminate against any brands/flavors/etc. of ice cream - it's all good (I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate, but hey - if it's in front of me, I'll eat it).  But there is something truly special about Blue Bell...I think it's called fat.  Straight up lard is inserted into the carton, I'm sure of it.  Why can't I have a love of carrots?  Apples?  Celery?  Because they're good for you and aren't delicious, that's why.  I also keep seeing these people on Facebook that are not eating any "added sugar" or whatever...I tried it on Tuesday.  The gummy bears won about 3 minutes later.  I've heard that if I were to stop eating candy, I wouldn't crave it anymore, but how could anyone possibly get to that point?  I don't understand.  Does someone throw you in a torture chamber?  A padded cell?  Plus, it's good.  Why would I want to stop?  Besides the fact that I may, actually, be turning into a gummy bear...


I think I've rambled on enough.  I'm actually supposed to be paying attention in class right now...I think this blog post may be suffering from my divided attention.  If there is anything ridiculous or just plain silly on here, now you know why.  Farewell, friends.  Have a great Christmas/New Year's/Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day/Easter/etc!  I think you get the point...until next time! 

4 comments:

Brittany H. said...

I knew I kept you on my blog reel for a reason! hahaha I found the wonderful world of apple slices + nutella yesterday...makes them taste way better. We have always thought that Colorado is our favorite when we drive through, but it could be because it comes right after Kansas (for us) and that state is the worst!

Bagleys said...

Oh Dana, you need to blog more!!! Seriously cracks me up every time!

Peggy said...

WHAT?? You FINALLY blogged and didn't tell me?? Whatever! Well, it was worth the wait...you REALLY need to write a book, Dana. You are hilarious, and have such a novel way of looking at things. Don't wait so long the next time!

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .