Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Miracle...

I have a mild case of road rage. Nothing serious, but on occasion, generally when I'm in a hurry, I get extremely irritated and scream a few choice words at those in the vehicles around me. I mean, seriously. Who drives 40 in a 50? 30 in a 45??? I'm getting irate just thinking about it. Especially in Denver when there are millions of people driving and some moron slowing down the flow of traffic. K, I'm done. However, I must admit that I have found myself, usually on the backroads where there's not much traffic, singing to the music and cruising a few below the speed limit...when I'm not in a hurry of course. So it's okay then...hmm...I'm learning a lot about myself as I'm typing this out....

So there I was, making a right-hand turn onto Jordan Road. I had my own turning lane...one of those where you don't have to yield but eventually have to merge in with the traffic. I wasn't necessarily in a hurry, but I did have to get home to finish packing for the trip to WY that day. The light had just turned green for the traffic that I was trying to merge with. I was ahead of them slightly, but the SUV in the front lines decided that I was not allowed to merge in front of him...even though there were plenty of vehicles behind him and I was running out of room. I love my car. It has a V6 engine and speeds up quickly when I need to...not that that happens a lot...so I speed up and get in front of him. I was kind of annoyed, so imagine my reaction as I happen to look in my rear view mirror and see this:

Yeah, you know the type of bird I'm talking about. And it's not feathery. My right hand reflex began to take on a similar shape, only, I don't know...maybe in light of the holiday season...maybe the fact that we're supposed to be following in His footsteps...I began to laugh and put my hand back on the steering wheel. The whole thing seemed ridiculous to me in that moment. It was a Christmas Miracle...

The SUV continued to stay on my tail for another couple of miles until I had to take a left. As I was pulling into the turning lane, the SUV passed me and guess what was plastered to the window in my direction...yep, you guessed it. I turned the other cheek and continued on my merry way, ignoring the raging moron while I happily kept both hands on my steering wheel. (10 & 2, right? Ever since I failed my driving test, that knowledge is burned into my mind...)

So, I guess miracles really do happen. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that we (meaning I) can keep the spirit of Christmas in our hearts year-round. ;)

4 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

it is a christmas miracle!!

merry christmas friend, I miss your face!

Brittany H. said...

Good for you--Kevin should read this (he has a tendency to follow jerks around until they are scared mindless). Merry Christmas!

Renae and Keith said...

I would have gave it to him good! You know me and all the road rage I get hahahah

nina said...

Your much more christian than I. I don't always act so nice when I get the finger.