Friday, January 8, 2010

Nananana-nana-na...

I wanna start a fight.

P!nk. You ever heard of her? That's right. The singer. P!nk. For whatever reason, I can't seem to get the song, "So What" out of my head. For the past 4 days. Maybe it would help if I didn't listen to it 700 times a day...seriously it's a problem. And I can't stop. I even woke up at 5 this morning, and couldn't fall back asleep until around 7 because...you guessed it: I was rocking out in my head. I know I've heard this song before - it came out in '08 - but I just "discovered" it this week when I was watching a parody of New Moon (hilarious - watch it at www.thehillywoodshow.com) - I decided to download the whole cd, and this is the result.

I mean, really. What's not to like? I get to scream out loud that I'm a rockstar, that I have rock moves (James keeps asking me what, exactly, rock moves are, but I've been showing them to him all day!), and that I wanna start a fight...not to mention that I get to say "you're a tool." (I don't care who you are - that's funny...that and calling someone a d-bag...perhaps I'm shedding too much light on my maturity level) I've always been a fan of angry female music. Seriously. If you want to be entertained - peek in my windows at any given moment and you may be lucky enough to witness my secret desire to be a rockstar while screaming at the top of my lungs to P!nk...

Okay, just kidding. Maybe. This may or may not be a picture of me on Halloween night. Anyway, I'm interested to know what songs keep you up at night. Please, do share. Until then...nananana-nana-na...

(Oh, and if you haven't read my previous post - please do so. I've been a little post-happy lately...)

10 comments:

Brittany H. said...

Here is a secret revealed: Kevin has totally been into Pink songs lately! haha I enjoy them myself, but I like to rock out to Lincoln Park songs from the transformers movies or twilight--they totally make me feel like a rock star...and so does rock band!

KH said...

My earworm would probably be...Hush Little Baby or Twinkle Twinkle. Do those count?

Bagleys said...

Uhhh yeah, I've had that song and "Please Don't Leave Me" stuck in my head. That's what happened to me this morning!!! So funny!!!!

Em said...

Pink is one of my favorite female artists I love the lady. I love that she says what she wants to and doesn't really care. I think she is gorgeous to top of her amazing personality. I use to run to that song and it always just pumped me up to get my butt kicked.

Teri said...

I love that you have been post-happy lately. You make me smile. :)
As for that song...I LOVE it...and as a result my girls can sing it pretty much word for word. Justee makes me replay it on my ipod every time it comes on. She calls it the nanana..na.na song (or however you would spell that out. ;)
Therefore my young "sweet" little girls like to be rock stars and start fights too. hahaha

Greg Becky said...

Well I do have to say that thanks to you your song is constantly in my mind also and "I'm going to start a fight" with you. So you are now ban from my home until you are over this. J.K. I liked the little flick you showed me with the Pink's song on them. I do dream about it at times. haha. But in all seriousness I still have Christmas songs playing in my head and most recently in the shower today just before you arrived. Love ya.

jsmbbaker said...

Ha ha ha! I often wake up and find myself rocking out as well... I'm pretty sure once it was even to that song. Lately "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus has been stuck in my head... a little embarrassed about that... but McKie loves it so we listen to it, and it's quite catchy!

The Leithead Family said...

You are too funny! Hey - thank you so much for teaching yoga to my YW! I think they really enjoyed it. And so did I - until the next day. I am still freakin sore. Which doesn't typically happen to me when I do yoga!! Is yoga safe for the "expectant mother"?? :) If so, I may be willing to come on Monday nights. :)

Dana said...

Haha! Brittany - tell Kevin he has good taste! And I REALLY like Linkin Park, too - Leave Out All the Rest is awesome! I would have to say my fav all time is Incubus...
Kristen - of course nursery rhymes count. I think I sang twinkle twinkle little star all night the night I sang it to Addie. ;)
Emily - I'm definitely with you. She pretty much rocks.
Teri - we're going to rock out with your girls before we go on the cruise, to this very song!!!
Becky - You love it. I'm coming over tomorrow. ;)
Shannon - don't be ashamed. It's a catchy song! Dang that Miley...
Catherine - I'm sorry you're STILL sore - that means we need to do it more often! haha And yes - if you'd like to come Monday nights, I will be sure to instruct you on what NOT to do since YOU'RE PREGNANT! I'm so excited!!! :)

Dana said...

KB - guess what song I have stuck in my head now??? Yep. Good song. And hilarious video.