Thursday, January 21, 2010

Never shop while famished...

I had an art class from 1:00-3:40 today. By the time I was finished, I was famished. Ravenous. Being the good girl that I am, I went to Blair's to get a "snack." A healthy snack. It was a good alternative to McDonald's in my mind (I ate McDonald's on Tuesday...) So. I entered Blair's supermarket, only to be greeted by the wafting scents of yummy goodness coming from the bakery. As I wandered through the store, I walked right past the fruit, veggies, yogurt...you know, anything that may have been good for me, and grabbed a BIG bag of chips and Diet Rootbeer (I heard diet pops cancel out anything you eat with them). Then, while in the checkout, I spotted a Charleston Chew. Yum. Strawberry, even. I have decided that I need blinders - you know, those things horses wear? - as I'm waiting in line at the checkout. I can't be trusted. They do it on purpose. Dang them...(whoever "they" are). So there I was, with a pop, chips and a candybar. And I didn't even care. And I ate the whole candybar, (I almost ripped into it at checkout). And probably half a bag of chips. And now I'm home and James will be home any minute and will be wondering what's for dinner. Only, I'm not hungry. I do have half a bag of chips left, however...

*Note to self: Bring snack for next class...and maybe a blanket for nap-time...and maybe a carton of milk.

8 comments:

Bagleys said...

Hahahaha!!! Oh my, I do the SAME thing. I always end up with a diet coke and some sort of candy bar in the check out isle. Or another deck of cards, because I convince myself we need more. lol!

Bagleys said...

P.S. I loved cartons of milk! I used to volunteer to be the ones to go get the milk, and I'd secretly try to find the ones that were partially frozen... mmmmm! :)

Nick & Lindi said...

Hey dana... i just saw that you mentioned your taking an art class in powell? Is it at Northwest? Just curious...

p.s. your posts are always TOO funny..

nina said...

I know what you mean, all my logic and senses go out the window when I'm starving!

Brenda said...

You funny, funny girl!

Dana said...

Lindi - yes I'm taking Life Drawing from John Giarrizzo in Powell - I took Drawing 1 last semester. I'm assuming you took art from him, too, right?

And everyone else... :) Glad I'm not alone.

Scotty&Chelsey said...

haha your too funny! we needto play some volleyball :)

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

You are funny. I miss your spontaneity. Good for you for taking any sort of class. and yep- back to Denver we go. if you ever come down- let us know. Or if we head north- we'll call ya!